My Blog List

Wednesday, May 29, 2013

WELCOME ! FROM GOLDEN COVE


“Have not I commanded you? 
Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you 
wherever you go.” Joshua 1:9





"My thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways," declares the Lord. "As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts." Isaiah 55:8-9



STARFISH EVERYWHERE !



"Starfish or sea stars are echinoderms belonging to the class Asteroidea.[3] The names "starfish" and "sea star" essentially refer to members of the class Asteroidea. However, common usage frequently finds these names also applied to ophiuroids, which are correctly referred to as "brittle stars" or "basket stars". About 1,800 living species of starfish occur in all the world's oceans, including the AtlanticPacificIndianArctic and Southern Ocean regions. The fossil record for starfish is rather poor; the ossiclesand spines are the only parts of the animal likely to be preserved after death and the oldest known fossils are from the Ordovician. Starfish occur across a broad depth range from the intertidal to abyssal depths of greater than 6,000 m (20,000 ft)..."




 “He knows the way that I take; when he has tested me, I will come forth as gold. My feet have closely followed his steps; I have kept to his way without turning aside.” Job 23:10-11






“Whom have I in heaven but you? And earth has nothing I desire besides you. My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.” Psalm 73:25-26











“Speaking the truth in love, we will in all things grow up into him who is the Head, that is, Christ.”  
Ephesians 4:15




THE  STARFISH  POEM
"Once upon a time there was a wise man
who used to go to the ocean
to do his writing.
He had a habit of walking
on the beach
before he began his work.
One day he was walking along
the shore.
As he looked down the beach,
he saw a human
figure moving like a dancer.
He smiled to himself to think
of someone who would
dance to the day.
So he began to walk faster
to catch up.
As he got closer, he saw
that it was a young man
and the young man wasn't dancing,
but instead he was reaching
down to the shore,
picking up something
and very gently throwing it
into the ocean.
As he got closer he called out,
"Good morning! What are you doing?"
The young man paused,
looked up and replied,
"Throwing starfish in the ocean."
"I guess I should have asked,
why are you throwing starfish in the ocean?"
"The sun is up and the tide is going out.
And if I don't throw them in they'll die."
"But, young man, don't you realize that
there are miles and miles of beach
and starfish all along it.
You can't possibly make a difference!"
The young man listened politely.
Then bent down, picked up another starfish
and threw it into the sea,
past the breaking waves and said-

"It made a difference for that one."
COURTESY OF